August 10, 2007

Silly Scenes



Here's a fun little puzzle page I did for a children's magazine. It's fun to try out some new techniques of mixing real & digital mediums... and I thought it printed up very well... which you can't always count on.

Very quick & fun to do. I like switching from real to digital... so I can fix all the mistakes I made
with real paint. And then it's fun to watch the extra things that Photoshop adds in...



Brrr.... it's actually COLD this morning!
I'm thinking it's almost time to bring the electric heater up from the basement...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a delightful illustration John...I am a sucker for tea parties anyway!

Nancy Bea Miller said...

This is charming! Great color and textures.

John Nez said...

Oh thanks... glad you liked it.

:0)

Gabriele Campbell said...

Hi, found your blog via Sam Winston. This scene so reminds me of my old biology teacher. He lived in the same street as my family and I have been inside his house a few times. You could be sure to have a parrot on your left shoulder and a half tame crow on the right, a cat in your lap and a dormouse that had managed to miss hibernation busy climbing your leg. And don't get me started on the frogs.

Somewhere in that zoo he also had a few kids. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute!

It's cold as heck here too!