Sunday, February 11
6 Things of Oddity
1) My name is weird... no two ways about it.
2) My real last name ought to be Knez... but my father dropped the K because people pronounced it as if they were sneezing. My grandfather came from Slovenia, which is a gorgeous province in northern yugoslavia near the alps. There's a village there where everyone seems to look a great deal like a Nez.
3) Apparently Nez is about like Smith in Navajo. Lots of Navajos used to dial me up from the phone book... usually collect from out of town. People refused to believe I wasn't Navajo.
4) I once studied to be a violin repairman. I play the viola... or should I say I played the viola. Haven't touched it in years... alas.
5) Brahms and Tschaikovsky share my birthday... they played the viola too. Weird!
6) Being an artist is weird. Making the art isn't weird... but all the scheming that goes along with making a living at it sure as heck is. It's weird to be so insecure about everything even after all these years. Why wake up at 3 am and wonder if I can even paint? That's gotta be weird.
This week's picture at the top is a sculpture done by my big brother... David Nez. He's an artist too... a fine artist. He's also an astrologer. Once he tried fixing his computer with a dowsing rod! That's weird!
Picture down below is one of mine... from a fun book idea I worked up.