May 17, 2011

Proofs of Perfection

Perhaps the rare visitor to this blog might recall the recent post where it was conjectured that my inkjet printer may have exploded?

Well it's happened again, only this time it was the delivery of the actual proofs from the publisher. Happily, I'm thrilled with the outcome... which as anyone who's been disappointed in color reproductions knows, is saying a lot.

It is a joy to spend hours just soaking up the details of every digital brushstroke which previously had only existed only on the computer screen.


I often wondered if the print outcome would work with the many new techniques I tried. At times making the paintings seemed almost symphonic, the colors obtained seemed so rich, deep and textured.


But I'm happy to report that the printed colors were exactly as I'd hoped. Even details the size of a dandruff speck were matched on paper.

No comments: