December 14, 2010

'Twas the night before Christmas


'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not an idea was stirring as I tapped at the mouse.

The keyboard was hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that a concept might soon appear there.

The sketches were rattling around in my head, while visions of photoshop pranced overhead.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, I sprang from the screen to see what was the matter.

I turned off my screen, I closed down flash, tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a miniature tablet with pixels and beer!

I whistled and shouted and tried hard to mix in;
"Draw! Vector and Pixel!
Paint! Neezer! and Vixen!
Draw! Marquee! and Lasso!
Paint! Cloner and Blitzen!"

I muttered some words and kept on at my work, drawing their outlines; then turned with a smirk.

The wacom went flying, the team gave a whistle. The beer suds went flying like flames from a missile.

And then I exclaimed, ere they drove out of sight, Happy Holidays All! And to all a good night!

© the Jolly Neezer

No comments: