July 22, 2009

Adventures in Remuddling continued...




My glorious adventures in remuddling are hereby continued. We begin with a photo of the finished floor - sort of finished actually. I had to rent a 100 lb. roller... heavy!

I say sort of finished because this Forbo flooring is nothing but trouble! It keeps coming up from the adhesion... a total PITA!

But such is the fine art of remodeling... It turns out that the word remodeling derives from the ancient Greek... translated loosely into 'looking for stuff' and or 'doing things over twice'.

I spend most of my time looking for various tools and bits and doing things over twice.

But it's finally coming together.


The medicine chest looks terrific... but I'm going to have to repaint it with a different gloss, since the paint that was used is very chalky and seems to mark very easily.

Oh, and I have to reinstall a different toilet. It turned out once I installed the chosen toilet it turned out to be entirely too big for the space of the room... sitting 4 inches away from the wall.

Basically there is NO useable space in this bathroom, since the usable floor space is about 5 feet by 5 feet. I guess in 1926 they didn't think people ever needed space for anything.

Best to change it out now for a nominal return charge than spend 20 years tripping over something that's designed wrong.

It's hell being a perfectionist!

No comments: