April 21, 2007

I think that there could never Bee


I think that there could never bee
a thing as quite as loverlee
as a Tulip...

There's just some thing about them
so balanced and so fair...
a curving sprite that seems just right
so elegant and spare.

You can keep your Peonies,
Daffodils just make me ill.
Roses don't do that much for me...

This thing that is so Tulippy,
something simple that I see,
so elegant a simple shape
that folds into a tulip's nape.

It's all so perfect and so fair
as perfect pinkness fills the aire.

I think that there could never bee
a thing as quite as loverlee
as a Tulip...

© Johann Abbottsford Neezovitch 2007

4 comments:

Ginger*:) said...

Oh How I would love to see a tulip. Our sun did finally make an appearance and after all the rain and flooding, it is a blessing to stand in its warmth and think of the beauty of spring. Your spectacular painting captures the light and deicacy in each bloom. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I just love tulips...I have pink ones and red ones blooming now...so lovely...but I also love roses and daffys and peonies and such...heck...I love flowers period! Love your little ditties John, they are so amusing.

John Nez said...

Glad ya'll liked my doggerel-poesy.

It's totally unencumbered by the editorial process, of course.

That's one thing that Blog Publishing is good for!

The trip from Inspiration to Publication is swift and painless.

lol!

jn

Sam said...

I love tulips.
I planted white ones in the front last year, but the workers put the scaffolding on them and crushed them, so none bloomed. We did get some pretty red ones in the back garden though.