January 7, 2011

Cookie in the Book Club!

Imagine my delight to discover that my book 'One Smart Cookie' made it into the Scholastic book club! I had no idea. And of course, the artist is always the last person to know anything in publishing... the absolute last.

So imagine my dumbfoundedness to open a letter from my publisher to find a fine fat royalty check. Disbelief... I thought it couldn't possibly be for me. It must be for some other artist and they got the bookkeeping wrong.

I searched through my files, wondering how best to return the check. But I discovered in the inscrutable royalty figures, that Cookie became a Scholastic book club book a few months ago! Nothing could amaze me more.

Thank you, Cookie!

Sequel anyone?

5 comments:

Doug said...

Awesome! Congratulations!

John Nez said...

Thanks, Doug!
It was an happy surprise.

:0)

Paula Pertile said...

Way to go!!! Its a super cute book.

John Nez said...

Thanks! I don't think I'll ever figure out how publishing works... it's all a mystery.

:0)

Unknown said...

yeah, Congrats!! A royalty check is also a fine thing!
Hope you have a great 2011!
Ch.