September 6, 2012

Experiential Book-making


I've never had so much fun making a book.  And it's the exact inverse of regular publishing which is years of frustration, compromise and rejection.  Publishing an ebook is instant gratification by comparison.  I made this book in 2 1/2 weeks and I was swept away with inspiration the whole while.

One thing I quite like about ebook apps is the experiential nature of them.

I love to watch my artwork come alive. I can spend half an hour watching fish glide across the screen and listen to space music as the planets swirl through the starry sky with meteorites shooting past.  I especially like the polar pages with wolves howling and whales spouting.

I guess it's sort of an experiential reality that its hard to duplicate without writing a novel. 

I never experienced much of that with any of the previous 70 all paper books I've done. 

:0)

No comments: